Dr. Mhaiskar gets coveted Fulbright-Nehru Grant

0
262

Dr. Sharad Mhaiskar, Dean of NMIMS Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering (MPSTME), has been awarded with Fulbright-Nehru Grant and selected as a Principal Scholar for the prestigious Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar, to be organised by United States-India Educational Foundation, USA from 15th October to 29th October, 2016.

1361277600_usiefThe Fulbright award, named after Senator James Fulbright, for his contribution in enhancing global understanding and international relations, was established in 1946, is celebrating its 70th year of existence. It is considered as a prestigious grant in view of its objectives and the exposure that it offers. The Indian initiative section of the grant is designated as Fulbright-Nehru grant.

The seminar aims to expose the participants to the US higher education system. This exposure helps the senior administrators to collaborate with US universities and also adopt best practices to enhance the higher education system in India.

Excited on his selection, Dr. Mhaiskar says “I am personally elated and proud of the nomination so is the University. This will add to my exposure to the US education and help in my functioning as a Dean and in my future work”