Do you dream about making it big in the entrepreneurial world? Do your ideas keep you awake at night? Do challenges excite you? Then, ‘The Chancellor’s Challenge’ is exactly the opportunity you were looking for.
While start-ups are sprouting in every nook and corner of the country, bringing a big idea to life is certainly not an easy task. The journey from idea to execution is a roller coaster ride, full of ups and downs. From product and idea development to building a reliable team, from logistics to finances, everything needs your dedicated attention. This unique challenge however, takes the onus of guiding you through this road to success, and helps you see your dream come true.
What is ‘The Chancellor’s Challenge’?
The Chancellor’s Challenge is a unique opportunity provided by the chancellor of NMIMS, Mr. Amrish Patel, for budding entrepreneurs to set up and build their start-up. The idea is to invite all students of NMIMS and SVKM institutions to think of an idea, to innovate, and to eventually work towards making this dream come true.
How does it work?
- November 2016: After the official launch of the event, the university will be conducting various interactive sessions including guest lectures, mixers for students with a focus to build an entrepreneurial community on campus.
- December 2016: The process of registration will begin and participants are expected to submit a brief business plan. Over 45 events for facilitation will be conducted – guest lectures from renowned entrepreneurs such as Ronnie Screwvala and mixers to help students find their team.
- January 2017: After a thorough screening of all the submitted applications, a team of experts will announce the 100 shortlisted proposals. These selected teams will be provided mentorship by expert mentors who are entrepreneurs themselves.
- February 2017: The selected teams will be expected to submit a detailed business plan. A second round of screening will be conducted, and top 20 teams will enter the final round of the challenge.
- March 2017: Expert panelists will interview the top 20 teams and assess the strength of the idea, the team and the proposal of each team. After a comprehensive evaluation, winners will be announced.
Who can participate?
- Challenge will be open to all students of NMIMS and SVKM institutions, from all the streams and campuses.
- Any team led by at least one SVKM – NMIMS student will be eligible for participation.
- Collaboration with alumni, other entrepreneurs, scientists, and industry experts is encouraged. However, it is mandatory the SVKM – NMIMS student/students is/ leads the founding team.
What is in it for the students?
- Students will get the unique opportunity to present their ideas before a panel of industry experts
- Recognition and evaluation of their ideas
- Prize money from NMIMS for the top 3 best ideas
- Special incubation in the NMIMS Incubation Centre
Prizes to be won
- First prize: INR 5 lakhs and one year of incubation
- Second prize: INR 3 lakhs and one year of incubation
- Third prize: INR 2 lakh and one year of incubation
So if you dare to dream big, we dare you to accept this challenge!
The Chancellor’s Challenge will be officially launched on 22nd October 2016 at Bhaidas Auditorium, 4 pm onwards.
Book your seat on http://www.ideas.nmims.edu