SVKM’s NMIMS PT MBA (Social Entrepreneurship) student Ms. Sarika R. Yadav, Founder & President of Need Vikas Sanstha (नीड विकास संस्था) is actively involved with her teammates during Lockdown period for COVID -19 Relief work.
Provided water bottles to the Andheri police station and to their ground staff.
2. Organization working with P- south ward for distribution of ration to needy families, migrant laborers, and daily wagers who do not have their ration cards. Till today NGO has able to distribute 700+ families.
3. With the support of YUVA organization provided grocery kit to the 300+ needy families.
4. With the help of individual donors NGO is able to give grocery to 100+ families in the Mumbai.
5. This lockdown situation is also painful for stray animals also. NVS is feeding these stray animals from 27th March to till date in Jogeshwari area.
6. With the support of Crisil Foundation providing Cooked meal to 600+ families and laborers in the Jogeshwari East.
About Need Vikas Sanstha (नीड विकास संस्था)-
Need Vikas Sanstha is the result of like-minded social workers coming together to initiate a common cause with a clear focus on rehabilitating the indigenous communities of Tribal & Urban families in the field of Nutrition, Education, and Employment. Santha’s major motto to uplift the deprived sections of the society for better endure. Since 2005, It has been at the forefront of facilitating meaningful initiatives that touch the lives of marginalized communities. To date they have through their programs reached out to over 5000+ of the indigenous communities. NVS’s outreach program broadly catalysts innovative programs.
It has organized different Career Guidance Program for young students in slums areas of Mumbai and with the help of different sources, it provide Education Scholarship for needy & potential students. In Aasangaon started with a Mini-Balwadi for the tribal padas to explorer the value of education in the tribal children’s for 1 year and formerly routed them to Zilla Parishad School. Educational kits are also distributed by NVS to deserving students in Asangaon. Also, a Health Check-up camp is regularly conducted for tribal families to cure their health issues and hygiene. They have organized Sports Competition (Krida Mahoustav) for the students of Zilla Parishad School, Aasangaon. The main objective was to inculcate the importance of sports among the rural students and acknowledge their talent for further development in sports. Summer Camps also organized for the tribal students with different activities to enhance their knowledge and skills to develop using local resources. Organized different health anxiety dialog & awareness programs for tribal women to take proper precautions to avoid any infection. Nutrition program was run by the organization for children, pregnant and lactating mothers to prevent undernourishment among them. Recently organization is working with Crisil Re foundation on Self Defence project on women’s safety in Aasangoan with 120 women, adolescent girls and boys.